Monday, July 11, 2011

Beer and Bread

I pretty much behaved myself over the weekend except for a few tortilla chips and something that I almost never drink - beer.

We were at a friend's house, sitting outside chatting, couldn't really use the pool much because there was lightning most of the time we were there.  It was still a hot day and even though I normally don't care for it, beer sounded really good and it was some special Octoberfest beer.  As it turned out, it tasted good too and I drank two of them.

It was only later that I realized that beer and my body don't care for each other.  I feel the same after drinking beer as I do after eating some good thick white bread - like french bread.  I feel bloated and fat.  My belly actually looks fatter to me, although, according to the scale I seem to have lost a bit over the last week.  Both beer and white bread taste really good, but always end up making me feel icky later.

I think I will remember that and in the future it should be easier to stay away from at least those two things.  I will stick to my red wine and some occasional whole wheat bread (thinly sliced).

Onto something else - It is finally cooling down (somewhat) now that the monsoon season has arrived.  I hope to be back to exercising soon and provide some reviews of exercise DVDs.  I do yoga, pilates and tai chi and have quite a few fitness DVDs, some of which I have never tried.  Right now my favorite is a pilates DVD, even though I have never made it through more than 15 minutes without giving up. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment