Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Week 1

This is what I wrote about that first week, but never got around to posting it:


I lost 5 lbs in the last week! I really didn’t do much extra exercise, mostly just my normal daily dog walk. What I did do was keep track of all my calories and stay within the 1200 My Fitness Pal suggested to lose weight. Well, there were a couple days I went over, but not by more than 100.

There were many dumb things I was doing, but for example, I thought if a package or meal said naturally low in fat it was also low in calories. What a mistake that has been! I have found things can have very little fat and yet tons of calories.

I also stupidly thought that if most of my day was spent eating the “low fat” stuff that I could have one bad meal per day and/or a bad snack or two. I bet most days I was consuming well over 2000 calories. Yeah, and there I was wondering why I never lost any weight and continued to gain.

At first I thought I would probably get tired of calorie counting within that first week, but strangely keeping track of that seems to go along with my obsessive and ritualistic nature. I am not sure that obsessiveness will last, but for right now it is working.

I kind of doubt that I will continue to lose weight at the rate of 5 lbs per week, but it would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment